Thank you for the interest you have shown in our vacancies here at Head Office, based in Cannock, Staffordshire.
We’re now the UK’s largest independent delivery network, and it is a fantastic time to join our business as we see year on year growth and expansion. Don’t miss the opportunity to join a forward thinking business that’s going places.
All our vacancies are permanent therefore the stability of the role is guaranteed. You will also be entitled to a number of benefits including joining the pension scheme, participating in our employee of the month recognition scheme and monthly staff forum meetings. For those who work hard, show commitment and dedication there are plenty of chances for progression within the Company as well as a lot of exciting training and development opportunities.
Please note, each APC depot is an independent, privately-owned business, which manages its own recruitment process. If you are looking for employment at a depot, please use the depot finder to contact your local business.
All the positions we have available are listed below:
Night Operations Supervisor
We have a fantastic opportunity for two Supervisors on the Night Operation.
The main objective of these roles will be to support the Night Operations Managers in ensuring the efficient running of the night operation.
If you are interested in this vacancy please send over your CV and covering letter to:
Please detail any remuneration expectations you may have in your covering letter.
Closing date: 28th July 2017
Job Summary: To support the Night Operations Managers in ensuring the efficient running of the night operation
Responsible to: Head of Hub Operations and Operations Managers
Performance Standards: You will be expected to complete your duties in a professional and consistent manner.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Have integrity, initiative and focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to make effective decisions
- Excellent time management skills
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience in a pressurised environment
- Health and safety awareness
- Previous parcel industry experience
- Committed and flexible approach to work.
The main areas of responsibility and expectations for this role are as detailed below:
- Maintain effective communication with the management team and other departments
- Ensure operational schedules and deadlines are continually adhered to and improved
- Liaise with the Section Managers and hold regular team briefings for staff
- Provide in house training on all working policies and procedures
- Assist with the completion of staff performance reviews
- Communicate and implement changes as directed
- Promote Health & Safety awareness and be proactive in maintaining a safe working environment
- Co-ordinate daily resource allocations and parcel sort productivity
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work priorities
- Assist in recruitment and selection process
- Ensure that staff are appropriately trained to carry out their duties to the required standard (this will include induction training for new starters)
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are communicated and complied with
- Manage and monitor the performance and conduct of staff under your control – this will include monitoring absence levels and management of performance and conduct issues (including conducting RTWIs and a range of disciplinary warnings)
- Conduct investigations to high standard and within specified timeframes (this will include disciplinary and accident investigations)
- Provide a high level of support to the Night Operations Managers and continually seek to contribute towards the operation efficiency.
Any other duties that the position may require.
Hours: 40 per week – due to the nature of the role flexibility is essential.
As this role develops you may be required to develop your skills further.
APC is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We are looking for talented people to join our Sales and Business Development team
We have various vacancies within our Network for enthusiastic, hard-working and results driven sales people.
If you have sales experience and a proven track record (in particular within the carrier industry) then please send over your CV and a covering letter including the type of role that you are looking for to:
The Human Resources Department, The Alternative Parcels Company Ltd, National Sortation Centre, Blakeney Way, Kingswood Lakeside, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 8LD
Alternatively you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APC Overnight is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No recruitment agencies.