Thank you for the interest you have shown in our vacancies at our Head Office, based in Cannock, Staffordshire and at our Essington Hub, based in Wolverhampton.
We’re now the UK’s largest independent delivery network, and it is a fantastic time to join our business as we see year on year growth and expansion. Don’t miss the opportunity to join a forward thinking business that’s going places.
All our vacancies are permanent therefore the stability of the role is guaranteed. You will also be entitled to a number of benefits including joining the pension scheme, participating in our employee of the month recognition scheme and monthly staff forum meetings. For those who work hard, show commitment and dedication there are plenty of chances for progression within the Company as well as a lot of exciting training and development opportunities.
Please note, each APC depot is an independent, privately-owned business, which manages its own recruitment process. If you are looking for employment at a depot, please use the depot finder to contact your local business.
All the positions we have available are listed below:
We are looking to recruit Warehouse Operatives on our Night Operation.
In this role you'll be:
- Sorting parcels at our Cannock or Essington Hub (you choose)
- Working between 16 and 30 hours a week
- Offered permanent or fixed term roles covering various shifts Monday to Friday between the hours of 18.30 and 03.00. No weekends!
- Paid competitive rates of pay
- Given full training.
If you’re interested do not hesitate in applying today, we are interviewing every week with start dates available immediately.
Forklift Truck Operatives
We have opportunities for permanent Forklift Truck Operatives on our Night Operation team.
Are you or do you know of:
- An experienced forklift truck operative?
- Looking for permanent work?
If you have answered yes to the above then confirm your interest in a written application to our Nights HR team.
Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 03 November 2017
Please note that this opportunity is only available for qualified and experienced Forklift Truck Operatives.
Our well established Maintenance Team is looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician to work alongside the Maintenance team with specific responsibilities for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance on all buildings, plant equipment, sortation equipment and conveyors.
The role holder will need to work both day and night operations to support the maintenance on site.
Main duties will include, conducting regular maintenance on the conveyor system along with repair as needed, involvement in improvements and/or modifications to the system as necessary along with project work, carrying out electrical/mechanical repair work, installation or fault finding of new equipment and circuits, ensuring health & safety policies and procedures are maintained and complied with ensuring all work carried out is in a safe and proper manner, providing first line breakdown/defect repairs or support, there will be an element of on call on a rota basis, any other duties as required.
The successful candidate will be 17th edition qualified, City and Guild to Level 3 Mechanical or Electrical, NVQ qualification in electrical principles or mechanical engineering to Level 3, have a good understanding of PLC Systems and pneumatic principles, high level of attention to details, a proactive flexible approach, good organisational skills, a team player with the initiative to work on their won.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a current C.V. and covering letter, which should include salary expectations to:
Closing date for applications is Friday 03 November 2017
Summary: To work with the maintenance team with specific responsibilities for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance on all buildings, plant equipment, Sortation Equipment, conveyors.
Responsible to: Maintenance Manager
The main duties that will be required of you within this position are:
- To conduct regular reactive and preventative maintenance on the conveyor systems
- To maintain and repair the conveyor systems
- To carry out any improvements/modifications deemed necessary to the conveyor system
- To carry out any electrical/mechanical repair work, installation or fault finding of new equipment and circuits
- To ensure that the company’s health & safety policy and procedures are maintained
- To observe and comply with company health and safety policies and procedures and ensure that work is carried out in a safe and proper manner at all times
- To provide first line breakdown/defect repairs or support to the night operation in the event of a mechanical breakdown (you will be on call on a rotating rota basis)
- Work to Resolve Breakdowns with the Assistant Maintenance Manager
- Any other general maintenance duties as the position requires
- Involved in site improvements, Sortation system Modifications, project work.
Skills/Knowledge and Experience:
- 17th Edition qualified
- City and Guilds to Level 3 mechanical or Electrical. NVQ qualification in electrical principles or mechanical engineering to level 3 or both
- A good understanding of PLC Systems and pneumatic principles
- Flexibility to cover Days or Nights when required
- High level of attention to detail
- A proactive approach
- Good organisational skills
- A team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A forklift truck and access platform licence would be desirable, but not essential
As this role develops you may be required to develop your skills further. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking for talented people to join our Sales and Business Development team
We have various vacancies within our Network for enthusiastic, hard-working and results driven sales people.
If you have sales experience and a proven track record (in particular within the carrier industry) then please send over your CV and a covering letter including the type of role that you are looking for to:
The Human Resources Department, The Alternative Parcels Company Ltd, National Sortation Centre, Blakeney Way, Kingswood Lakeside, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 8LD
Alternatively you can email to email@example.com
APC Overnight is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No recruitment agencies.