Thank you for the interest you have shown in our vacancies at our Head Office, based in Cannock, Staffordshire and at our Essington Hub, based in Wolverhampton.
All the positions we have available are listed below:
Permanent Night Warehouse Operatives Roles
Are you a night owl?
We are looking to recruit Full-time and Part-time Warehouse Operatives for our Night Operation at Cannock and Essington.
We have opportunities for applicants to work 30 or 40 hours a week, no experience necessary. Immediate start. No Agencies.
In this role you will be:
- Sorting parcels
- Moving freight
- Working Monday until Friday (5 days) - No weekends!
- Paid £7.50 - £8.20 per hour
- Provided with a unique 4 hour training session on practical skills required to carry out the duties
- Permanently employed by APC Overnight
If you’d like to join the APC Overnight team apply today. We are interviewing every week with immediate start dates available.
Please send over your contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Service Desk Technician
We are currently looking to recruit an IT Service Desk Technician to provide business focussed application and technical support. This is a 1st line, 2nd line and sometimes 3rd line support role.
The role will work within a team of 5 Service Desk Technicians, working a shift pattern providing an effective 24 x 5.5 on-site Service Desk which includes support on Saturdays.
Main duties will include working as part of the Service Desk team to provide a near round the clock availability to the business providing application and technical support, assisting the IT Team with incident investigation and diagnosis, building good working relationships with internal and external system providers, contributing to regular service desk reports and identifying potential problems and providing recommendations.
The successful candidate will have good analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to prioritise tasks and work in a high pressure environment. Good communication skills are essential. Technical knowledge will include experience of working in an ITIL environment and a strong understanding of the latest Windows operating systems. An understanding of barcode scanning systems and Window mobile devices is advantageous.
You will have a “can do” attitude and a qualification within a relevant subject.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a current C.V. and covering letter, which should include salary expectations to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 19th January 2018.
Responsible to: IT Service Desk Coordinator
Performance Standards: You will be expected to complete your duties in a professional manner and to a high level. This will require planned out of hours working in a shift pattern as the major operational work takes place overnight at the Hub and the successful candidate will be expected to be flexible and willing to put in the required hours including cover for sickness, holiday and absences as required.
• Educated to minimum BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners (or equivalent)
• Previous experience working within a service desk
• A good understanding of ITIL principles and implementation of other structured methodologies
• A strong understanding of PC/Laptops and Windows
• Good understanding of Active Directory Management, Exchange Management and Microsoft Office Packages
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• An ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a “can do” attitude
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team, on projects of varying requirements
Good understanding of/experience in including, but not limited to –
• Previous shift work experience spanning 24 hours
• Experience within the Logistics/Transport industry
• Recognised ITIL qualification
• IP networking principles
• Barcoding Systems (Handheld & Fixed)
• Structured Cabling
• Avaya IP Telephony
The main areas of responsibility and expectations for this role are as detailed below:
• Work as part of the Service Desk team to provide a near round the clock availability to the business (on shift rota as per the following patterns: 06.00-14.00,14.00-22.00, 22.00-06.00 and Saturday is currently covered remotely from home between 06:00-12:00 and may be subject to change in line with business requirements)
• Incident investigation, diagnosis and resolution applying standard fixes or workarounds and escalation to appropriate problem resolvers
• Contribute to the development of comprehensive procedures to aid diagnose of faults over the phone
• Inventory and asset management
• Management of user accounts and access rights
• Develop a working relationship with all members of the IT department to ensure expedited problem management and resolution
• Maintain a good working relationship with external system providers
• Contribute to regular Service Desk reports including improvement recommendations and identifying potential problems
• Any other duties that the position may require
Major user activity at the Hub takes place overnight and good cover is essential. In contrast the depots work during the business day as well as the Hub day staff and the Service Desk is expected to deal with external calls not managed by our external providers. The mobile signature capture fleet is managed by an external service provider which also provides a Service Desk for these devices to the network. The Hub infrastructure is a virtual managed private cloud hosted by the service provider. The service provider provides a 24 x 5.5 technical service desk and technical issues are managed by them.
APC Overnight is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Network Services Co-ordinator
Our well established Network Services team is recruiting for a Network Service Co-ordinator!
This diverse role focuses on ensuring we are providing excellent service to our depots and customers. Working in a dynamic and fast paced office environment, activity ranges from liaison with both our depots and customers through to data entry and spreadsheet management.
To be successful in this position you will have a professional telephone manner, good problem solving skills along with excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
Experience within the parcels industry and or a customer services background would be advantageous but is not essential for the role, as full training will be given.
Hours of work will be 37.5 per week on a rota basis of shifts: 09.00-17.00, 10.00-18.00 and 11.00-19.00. Saturday morning cover will also be a requirement of the role, again on a rota basis.
For further details please see the job description.
To apply for this position please send in your CV with a covering letter including any remuneration expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: Friday 12th January 2018
Responsible to: Network Service Manager/Supervisor
Performance Standards: You will be expected to complete your duties in a professional manner and to a high level.
- Professional telephone manner
- Experience of word and Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Compilation and distribution of spreadsheets
- Deal with telephone calls and assist customers with queries
- Transfer calls to appropriate staff/departments
- Data entry
- Develop a working relationship with depots by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism
- Follow up customer enquiries that are not immediately resolved
- Recognise and advise the Network Service Supervisors of trends in customer calls
- Prepare memos/emails to be sent out to the network
- Check incoming data files have been received from depots
- Collate and monitor service report spreadsheets
- Other general network service duties as the position requires
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to perform additional duties.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week – Saturday mornings also required on a rota basis
Flexibility will be required to cover holidays and sickness, absence etc.
As this role develops you may be required to develop your skills further
APC Overnight is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We are looking for talented people to join our Sales and Business Development team
We have various vacancies within our Network for enthusiastic, hard-working and results driven sales people.
If you have sales experience and a proven track record (in particular within the carrier industry) then please send over your CV and a covering letter including the type of role that you are looking for to:
The Human Resources Department, The Alternative Parcels Company Ltd, National Sortation Centre, Blakeney Way, Kingswood Lakeside, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 8LD
Alternatively you can email to email@example.com
APC Overnight is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No recruitment agencies.